How To Get the Most From Your Audi
How Proper Maintenance Will Prevent Expensive Repairs
All vehicles—including Audis—require regular maintenance and repairs to perform optimally. Here are a few tips for getting the most from your Audi in Alexandria.
Brake System Maintenance
To keep your brake system tight and effective, follow these brake maintenance tips:
- Change the brake fluids approximately every three years or 30,000 miles (whichever is first). If possible, have the fluids changed at the same time you have the brake pads or rotors replaced. That will save you both time and money.
- Audis offer convenient warning lights that indicate when your front brakes (or rotors) should be replaced, when you see this light, schedule Audi repair right away. Unfortunately, there are no similar sensors for the rear brakes. But if your vehicle vibrates when you brake or if you hear the sound of metal scraping metal when you brake, get the rear brakes replaced.
- You can take your vehicle’s VIN number to a dealer to find out your brake code. You can also remove your wheel and inspect the rotor for the part number.
The lifespan of your brakes depends on a variety of factors, including how quickly you tend to brake and the type of roads you drive on. Your owner’s manual should give you a good indication of how long your brakes should last.
It’s essential to take good care of the engine if you want your Audi to last. Here are some essential engine maintenance tips:
- You can find your engine code number by removing the engine block cover or by using your VIN to find out the engine code number from a dealership.
- Change your timing belt per your owner’s manual recommendations. You may want to also have other engine components serviced at the same time for cost and time savings.
- Check for water pump leaks by taking the splash pan off. A coolant trail that travels from the pump to the lower part of the engine is a clear indication of a leak.
If smoke comes from the engine or if your car overheats frequently, it’s time to schedule Audi repair and maintenance as soon as possible.
Schedule Your Audi Repair
Hollin Hall Automotive in Alexandria offers skilled Audi maintenance and repair services. Schedule your appointment with us today, and keep your Audi in good working order.
Call us at (703) 765-3722 or stop by at 7926 Fort Hunt Rd Alexandria, VA 22308 to get started today!