BMW Inspection I and II
Planning Your Services Made Easy
Like every other vehicle, your BMW requires regular maintenance and inspections in Alexandria to function at its best. BMW repair shouldn’t need to happen too often as long as you’re taking good care of your vehicle. Every so often, you should take your vehicle to the shop for scheduled repairs. BMW requires Inspection I and Inspection II services at regular intervals. Here’s what you should know about each.
BMW Inspection I
BMW recommends its Inspection I service approximately every 20,000 miles. It’s intended to ensure the full and optimum function of your vehicle. Here is the checklist generally followed during this service:
- Examine brake discs
- Check exhaust system for leaks and overall condition
- Check the transmission fluid and look for leaks
- Change engine oil and filter
- Clean brake pad contact points
- Check front control arm bushing
- Check tire pressure and correct as needed
- Check steering system for problems
- Grease wheel center hubs
- Check power steering system for leaks
- Check rear axle for leaks
- Check clutch and brake system for damage and leaks
- Check tire condition and perform wheel alignment as needed
Additionally, the electrical equipment, engine compartment, and body are all checked for potential problems. A final inspection, including a road test, is also performed to ensure proper operation and handling.
BMW Inspection II
The Inspection II service is not needed as often as the Inspection I service. BMW generally recommends that you receive Inspection II once every 40,000 miles. It includes the same services Inspection I offers, along with a few extra services, including:
- Spark plug replacement
- Differential oil change
- Air filter and fuel filter replacements
This service usually runs somewhere between $500 and $800, which is considerably more than the Inspection I service. However, it is important to have it done as recommended by your owner’s manual to make sure your BMW continues to run nicely. Failure to have your vehicle serviced as recommended could lead to expensive repairs later on.
Schedule Your BMW Repair Service
If you’re already noticing issues with how your BMW is handling, you can schedule reliable BMW repair with Hollin Hall Automotive in Alexandria. We’re skilled in working on all types of vehicle makes, including BMW. Request your appointment online, and we’ll be in touch with you soon!